Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This ain't my first rodeo

Glow Bubbles weren't my pin-speriment? Ex-pin-ament? Pinscaboddy-wob? Whatever. I've tried some stuff, and I'm going to share a few of them now:

First up, Crash Hot Potatoes


The recipe calls for red potatoes. I had white potatoes. Work with what you're given. They have a pretty similar texture, so they worked out pretty awesome. Very awesome. That steak was pretty fantastic too ;)
I drizzled Roasted Garlic Olive Oil from Tastefully Simple (thanks, mom!) on the pan and on the potatoes. I sprinkled the spuds with kosher salt, a little parsley, and some rosemary (dried). They were a little time consuming, since you have to boil them before you bake them, but totally worth it- especially since I'm  just cooking for myself the hubs this week. Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside- sort of like a giant french fry. Totally recommend this one!

Up next, my nails


You're not likely to find this exact configuration of nail polish on my Style and Frippery board (yes, frippery), but you might notice a LOT of nail art pins. You see, dear readers, I am a biter. I have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. I've always managed to keep my toenails painted and usually pretty (I have nice feet), but I've never paid much attention to my hands, since I'm always chewing on them. Well, one sweet day, I got a wild hair and decided to paint them. This nail style- which I chose to call "cloudy with a chance of sunshine" wasn't the first, but you can see that my nails aren't chewed off nubs. Keeping them cutely painted and having people comment on them has helped me stop biting them! Pinterest is improving my quality of life!! About this nail style- all my nails are painted with Pure Ice's Kiss Me Here (gray) and sealed with NYC's Matte Me Crazy mattifying top coat EXCEPT my ring finger on my left hand (kind symbolic), which is painted with Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow, sprinkled with some glitter I found in the nail section at Dollar Tree (sweet!) and finished off with the Sally Hansen No Chip top coat.

And lastly, cupcakes!

Really, it's the frosting. I just used the basic American Buttercream frosting from the pin (which seems pretty idiot proof- I mean... I made it...) and used it to make a chocolate buttercream and root beer buttercream. The root beer float cupcakes have crunched up root beer candy bits on top and drinking straws sticking out of them. If you can't find the chocolate buttercream... I feel sorry for you. the ones with the cherry on top are cherry cola cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream. There's a pin for it here, but I didn't actually use that recipe. It's a little different than the one I've been using for years, which is an adaptation of this recipe. These were for my little one's birthday a while back, and they were a BIG hit. I didn't have many left over after it was all said and done, so I think it went well!

Wow, that post ran LONG!! I guess I had a lot of catching up to do!

Happy pinning!

(PS, I love parenthesis)

No comments:

Post a Comment